What benefits do you offer?
- 100% of the employee premium paid, and significant portion of family premium also paid for by Minnesota Housing.
- Two plan designs. Most employees participate in the traditional plan, some employees have the additional option of the high deductible plan.
- Low cost premiums.
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance:
- Employees receive employer-paid life insurance in amount equal to annual salary, with the option to purchase additional life insurance up to $500,000 and AD&D insurance.
- Some managers receive an employer-paid combined life insurance and disability insurance policy.
Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional insurance at excellent group rates.
Long Term Care Insurance:
- Optional insurance. Covers long term care services not covered by health or disability insurance.
- Can be purchased for employee, spouse, or parents/step parents.
- Dependent Care Expense Account
- Medical/Dental Expense Account
- Transit Expense account to set aside pretax money for parking and/or bus pass.
Vacation and Sick Leave:
- Full-time employees will earn 13 vacation days per year upon hire. Accrual rates increase over time: 16 days per year after 5 years, 22 days per year after 8 years, up to a maximum of 29 days per year.
- Most managers will earn 19 vacation days per year upon hire. Accrual rates increase over time: 22 days per year after 5 years, 24 days per year after 8 years, up to a maximum of 29 days per year.
- Some employees eligible to receive vacation accrual credit for prior work service.
- Employees earn approximately 13 sick days per year. Sick leave can be carried from year to year with no maximum.
- 11 per year.
- Most employees participate in a defined benefit pension plan funded by employee and employer contributions.
- Retirement benefits are based on years of service and salary.
- Employees may set aside a portion of their salary into a deferred compensation plan (similar to a 401k).
Parking/Bus Pass discount:
- $20 agency contribution towards bus pass and parking (agency-contracted parking ramp only).
- Agency provides generous tuition reimbursement program to help employees achieve professional development goals.
Health Care Savings Plan:
- A pre-tax account where money is set aside to pay for medical expenses after retirement.
- Most managers begin contributing upon hire, most professional employees begin contributing after five years.
- Upon retirement, many employees receive a portion of their unused sick leave paid into the Health Care Savings Plan.
Disclaimer: This is a summary of benefits information only. Benefits vary by contract or plan and the terms of employment.