2012 Environmental Scan: Demographic, Economic and Market Factors Impacting Minnesota Housing
Housing Location Preferences of Minnesotans
To finance affordable housing that enhances quality life, Minnesota Housing needs to understand the housing location preferences of Minnesotans. This report uses survey data from 804 Minnesotans to examine location preferences.
Full Report, February 2012
Foreclosures in Minnesota
This foreclosure report provides key findings about the current state of the foreclosure crisis in Minnesota for the most recent quarter. To monitor the evolving crisis, Minnesota Housing has purchased statewide data on the delinquency, and foreclosure status of residential mortgages by zip code. The data will help Minnesota Housing and its partners target their prevention and remediation efforts.
Summer 2013 - Full Report
Economic Impact of Minnesota Housing’s Investments
Every two or three years, Minnesota Housing evaluates the impact that its investments have had on the state’s economic output and employment. Investments in housing construction and rehabilitation are strong job creators.
Regional Distribution of Minnesota Housing Assistance
Minnesota Housing serves a full continuum of affordable housing needs across the state. This report shows the geographical distribution of the agency’s investments across the state for the most recent five years.
Housing with Tax Credits
This analysis of rental housing with Federal Housing Tax Credits allocated in Minnesota summarizes basic characteristics of the housing and the tenants who occupied it as of the end of 2011.
A Review of Rental Housing with Tax Credits
Housing for Seniors
With baby boomers starting to enter retirement age, Minnesota Housing is carrying out a series of research reports examining the housing needs and options for seniors.
These reports were researched and written to facilitate an informed policy discussion. While the reports contain useful data and information, they do not necessarily reflect Minnesota Housing policy. Typically, they are written by graduate students.
- Assessing Minnesota’s Housing Needs: A Local Literature Review
- Rent Assistance and Project Development: A Cost Benefit Analysis
- Housing for Minnesota's Aging Population, 2010
- The Impact of Affordable Housing on Communities and Households, 2010
- Low-Wage Spatial Mismatch in Minnesota, 2010
- Minnesota Community Land Trust Analysis, 2010
- Economic Impact of Minnesota Housing Activities, 2009
Bipartisan Housing Commission Recommendation Papers
In July 2012, Commissioner Tingerthal submitted four policy recommendations to the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Housing Commission for possible inclusion in the Commission’s report to the President and Congress in 2013. Commissioner Tingerthal’s papers advocate for the effective use of federal resources for affordable housing.
- Temporarily Double Low Income Housing Tax Credit Allocations for Preservation
- Continuing Rental Assistance for USDA Rural Development Properties with Maturing Mortgages
- Authority to Reallocate Chronically Unused Project-Based Rent Subsidies
- Affordable Housing and Supportive Services for Older Adults in Rural Communities Demonstration