Loan Program Information for Homebuyers and Homeowners
What kind of loan are you looking for?
- Start Up purchase loan if you have not owned a home in the past three years
- First mortgage with homebuyer tax credit certificate (MCC)
- Downpayment and closing cost loans
- Repeat Homebuyer
- Current Homeowner
- Apply: Contact a Minnesota Housing participating lender to talk about what Minnesota Housing program may be right for you and to start the pre-qualifying process.
Homebuyer Education: This may be required for some programs. To find a course, contact the Minnesota Home Ownership Center. Attend Home Stretch for in-person training, or Framework for online training.
Find a Home: The home you purchase or refinance must fall within the following home cost or loan limits:
- 11-County Metro: $310,000
- Balance of State: $265,000