Fix Up Loan Program
Fix up your home with financing from Minnesota Housing
Minnesota Housing works with local lenders to provide affordable home improvement loans. The Fix Up loan offers options for secured and unsecured loans.
Why choose Minnesota Housing?
- Affordable, fixed interest rates with loan amounts from $2,000 to $50,000
- Higher loan-to-value ratio on secured loans than traditional loan products
- Convenient application through our statewide network of local lenders
- Longer repayment terms mean lower payments
- Lower interest rate for the Secured Energy/Accessibility loan
- Hire a contractor or do the work yourself
- No prepayment penalty
To be eligible, you must:
Own and occupy the property to be improved. Single family homes, duplexes, triplexes or fourplexes are eligible.
Meet the income limit with the exception of the Secured Energy/Accessibility loan which has no limit.
Provide itemized contractor bids or itemized materials estimates for proposed work.
Eligible Home Improvements with the Fix Up Loan:
Make repairs, remodeling and energy saving improvements, such as:
*Choose Energy Star windows, furnace, central air and/or water heater; insulation and air sealing; and/or basic accessibility improvements for Secured Energy/Accessibility loans.
Ineligible Home Improvements include:
- Personal property appliances such as refrigerator, stove, washer/dryer
- Reimbursing or refinancing for improvements already done
- swimming pools and hot tubs
- recreational or entertainment facilities
- mobile homes not on a permanent foundation and not taxed and financed as real property
See Eligible/Ineligible Improvements List for more details
- Check out our current Interest Rates and visit our Find A Lender page using the quick links to the left to locate a participating lender near you.
- Decide on your project. Obtain contractor bids, or itemized materials estimate from a building supplier for work you perform.
- Your lender will work with you to complete the loan application and loan closing and funding.