Start Up for First-Time Homebuyers
Start Up is our statewide mortgage program for eligible first-time homebuyers, available through participating lenders.
Start Up offers:
- Affordable interest rates
- Three downpayment and closing cost assistance loan options for eligible borrowers
- Income limits up to $99,500
For commitments made May 27, 2015 or later, purchase price must fall under the following limits:
- 11-County Metro: $307,300
- Balance of State: $258,600
Reduction or elimination of mortgage insurance (MI) costs with exclusive conventional loan options, available up to 97% LTV
- Fannie Mae HFA PreferredTM/UPMI- Conventional insured product available with lower MI rates and no loan level pricing adjustments.
- Fannie Mae HFA Preferred Risk SharingTM - Allows borrowers to avoid MI altogether.
- Freddie Mac HFA AdvantageSM/UPMI - Conventional insured product available with lower MI rates and no loan level pricing adjustments.
Manuals, Forms & Resources
- Procedural Manual effective 12.01.15 (for loans committed on or after 12.01.15)
Procedural Manual effective 10.19.15 (for loans committed on or before 11.30.15)
- Program Description
- Program Brochure
- Program Reference Guide