Rental Rehabilitation Deferred Loan (RRDL)
The Rental Rehabilitation Deferred Loan Program helps owners of small to medium rental properties located outside of the five-county metropolitan area (Ramsey, Hennepin, Anoka, Washington, Dakota) to finance moderate rehabilitation of structurally sound residential rental units.
Applications for RRDL funding are how being accepted. The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. (CT) Friday, June 9, 2023.
Up to seven million dollars in state appropriations associated with the RRDL Program is now available through a one-time Request for Proposals (RFP). Fund are administered through the RRDL program for the rehabilitation of multifamily rental housing that currently have a USDA Rural Development Section 515 mortgage. Funding availability is contingent upon legislative approval of program appropriations and may increase or decrease.
Webinars & Technical AssistanceMoreLess
Webinars & Technical Assistance
Minnesota Housing hosted an Informational Webinar that covered funding program information and the application process.
- Information Session Recording (00:47:42) | Presentation Slides
Required Technical Assistance
Potential 2023 RRDL applicants are required to attend a technical assistance meeting prior to submitting application materials. To schedule your technical assistance meeting contact Cheryl Rivinius at email@example.com at 651.296.3705.
Application Forms and ResourcesMoreLess
Application Forms and Resources
Applicants must submit the application and all other required materials using the secure upload tool. (Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Application Checklist
- Applicant Certification of Known Environmental Conditions
- Borrower Authorization of Release of Private Information
- Qualification of Management Company
- Sponsor Qualification Form
- Schedule A for RRDL Sponsor Qualification Form
- Frequently Asked Questions - RFP May 2023
Current Program Guides and Underwriting StandardsMoreLess
Current Program Guides and Underwriting Standards
- 2023 RRDL Program Guide - Updated 4.3.2023
- Underwriting Standards
- Architect's Guide
- Contractor's Guide
Due Diligence Forms and ResourcesMoreLess
Due Diligence Forms and Resources
Staff is available to answer any questions or provide technical assistance. Please contact your assigned underwriter.
- RRDL USDA-RD Preservation Initiative Due Diligence Checklist
- Ownership Organizational Document Requirements
- W-9 Form
- EFT Form
- Abbreviated Design Standards
- Sustainability Requirements
- Prevailing Wage Certification
- Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
- Government Data Practices Act Disclosure Statement with Attachment 3
- Bid Activity
- Payment Bond
- Performance Bond
- Borrowing Resolution
- Certification of Organizational Documents. See templates for:
- RRDL Disbursement Request Form
- Architectural Guidance
Post Loan ClosingMoreLess
Previous Program GuidesMoreLess
The RRDL team is available to answer any questions or provide technical assistance.